Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuryus.ken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
hi i have an iphone 5 and when i plug it with my charger it won't charge, sometimes it shows the icon that the iphone is charging but stuck and won't turn on .. i tried many charger but the problem stills even i re change the charging port in my iphone it worked for like a week then the problem back again .. i tried to click on home button and power button but nah nothing appair for the moment the iphone does not show anything it's like fullempty of charge .. so please if someone can help me i would apperciate that thanks ..

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Make sure the charging port on your iPhone 5 is clear from any debris like pocket lint or dirt. You can try cleaning the port with a small vacuum or a can of compressed air. If you use compressed air, be careful to hold the can about 6 inches away and only use short blasts.

kuryus.ken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
the charging port is cleaned .. as i said i just replace the charging port ship a week with a new one so .. when i had the problem before replacing it i tried this but it did'nt work also i tried with a brush of teeth .. it worked somehow for like 30minutes when my iphone like reached 40% the problem back again

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
the charging port is cleaned .. as i said i just replace the charging port ship a week with a new one so .. when i had the problem before replacing it i tried this but it did'nt work also i tried with a brush of teeth .. it worked somehow for like 30minutes when my iphone like reached 40% the problem back again

Then if the cable and port are OK as you say, it might be time to take the phone to have it checked out and repaired if necessary. I personally wouldn't spend a lot of money to have an iPhone 5 repaired when you can get an unlocked 5 for around $150.00.

Reactions: Alexrat1996
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.