Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cc999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I have to say this is by far the greatest cell phone available today! I am absolutely blow away. I almost bought the Pixel 2 but reading all the problems over at the XDA forums I did not and I am so happy I didn't!

Here are my points so far:

1 - Screen is absolutely gorgeous - I see people posting about yellow screens but I have to say that my screen is perfect, certainly not yellow and this is with the True Tone turned on - When I turn it off it goes to the blue white side. I am a color matcher by trade and have a trained eye for color and this screen with the true tone on is dead on.

2 - Face unlock - I was reading all the concerns on the face unlock for the last week, I have to say it is damn near perfect and it's fast. I have been using it all day today I love it.

3 - This to me is a huge point - On my first 3 calls with the phone the other party commented to me that they have never heard a better cleaner call quality as what they were experiencing on my call. This was not just one person, it was the first and only three calls I made. I then asked the other party how I sounded when I switched over to speakerphone. They again commented crystal clear and they thought I was still on the phone (Not the speakerphone).

4 - Speed - The phone is lightning quick - never a stutter and everything just looks amazing. The Blacks and colors are perfect.

5 - Size - The size is perfect - Fits in my hand beautifully and the smaller footprint vs the Plus is fantastic.

6 - Camera - Simply amazing - low light shots are awesome and the portrait mode on both front and back give unbelievably beautiful shots.

7 - Facetime - I facetimes for about 20 minutes and the party on the other side commented on how clear the video image was as well as the vocal quality.

Battery life will be tested the next few days but with facetiming and not putting the phone down for a second from 2:00 - 8:00 - 6 hours (came at 96% battery) I have 78% left, This includes the 11.1 update also as well as adding back all my apps.

For anyone on the fence about this phone do not hesitate a second to purchase. I know its expensive but its worth every penny. I have the Space Grey 256 gb ATT model.

CC

Reactions: LD Curb

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
I totally agree. I was not expecting to love this phone so much but I am overwhelmed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.