Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
is anyone else experiencing the alarm volume sitting around 50% even though the ringer and music volume is set to full?

If anyone knows of a fix, let me know

Edit: figured it out, my ringer was set too low this morning and when I ran other tests with my phone unlocked it would go off at 50%, when the phone is locked it rings at the set volume of the ringer.

Last edited:

camelwalker

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Roswell
I just noticed the same. Is this behavior due to the Face ID? If so it is kind of cool that the phone will set the alarm volume at 50% when you are looking at it !

Fixitlady

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Albuquerque
I just noticed the same. Is this behavior due to the Face ID? If so it is kind of cool that the phone will set the alarm volume at 50% when you are looking at it !

I also just got the iPhone x and I did read that when your 'attention' is on the screen it will reduce volume on ringers and alarms. Mine will ring louder even when not locked but laying in the bed but softer if I am looking at it. I also thought something was wrong with volume but it seems very consistent now that I know how it works.

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Anyway to stop that. I just noticed this happened to me. I would like it to be the old way like it was on the 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.