Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
So my iPhone X had about 55% charge before I went to sleep. When I woke up, it was dead. This is the third time I am having drainage over night. Last time it dropped by like 40%. I posted that issue like 2 weeks ago, but got no helpful advice other than "Why don't you leave it to charge overnight". Long story short, I don't sleep close to an outlet that isn't already in-use.
DETAILS: The phone was on low-power mode. Had do not disturb on. Set an alarm. Slept for around 9 hours. Had only a few apps running in the background(Instagram, Twitter and Rush were the only third party apps running in the background, the rest were Apple's apps).
For some reason it shows camera used 80% of the charge, while only being in-use for 1 min. (No I wasn't using the camera.)
I already restored and rebooted the device. Any one experience this? Any helpful advice?
UPDATE: I just spoke with Apple through chat. They ran a diagnostic test on my iPhone and said everything is fine. Just restore settings and if that doesn't help, bring it to an Apple Store. (Defectives suck)

Attachments

• D9C9598E-67DC-4E48-996F-227F50E365AA.png
    D9C9598E-67DC-4E48-996F-227F50E365AA.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 1,517
Last edited:
Reactions: cmeisenzahl

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
Maybe you have a defective battery. Take to Apple if you can and have them check it out.

cmeisenzahl

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
So my iPhone X had about 55% charge before I went to sleep. When I woke up, it was dead. This is the third time I am having drainage over night. Last time it dropped by like 40%. I posted that issue like 2 weeks ago, but got no helpful advice other than "Why don't you leave it to charge overnight". Long story short, I don't sleep close to an outlet that isn't already in-use.
DETAILS: The phone was on low-power mode. Had do not disturb on. Set an alarm. Slept for around 9 hours. Had only a few apps running in the background(Instagram, Twitter and Rush were the only third party apps running in the background, the rest were Apple's apps).
For some reason it shows camera used 80% of the charge, while only being in-use for 1 min. (No I wasn't using the camera.)
I already restored and rebooted the device. Any one experience this? Any helpful advice?

That's VERY odd. Especially the camera business. If it's still doing that I would def take it to Apple to check out.

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Maybe you have a defective battery. Take to Apple if you can and have them check it out.

A defective battery would not show the camera app as using 80% of the battery with 1 min of screens usage.

Looks like an iOS bug that you need to wait for an update to fix.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I’d be inclined to either restore from a backup or set up as a new phone, and turn off app refresh for apps that really don’t need to be constantly updating and see how battery life looks then.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
After rebooting and actually restoring you see the same behavior all the time? Even after a few days and charging cycles?

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I’d be inclined to either restore from a backup or set up as a new phone, and turn off app refresh for apps that really don’t need to be constantly updating and see how battery life looks then.

It really sucks that a $1000 phone has to be reset constantly to get a good experience.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Since you already restored and can't delete app, I would return it. Maybe take a screen shot while the 80% is still there.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Defective battery would not show battery stats like that. 80% for the time used is impossible, has to be an error. I would back it up on iTunes and head to the Apple store. It would be helpful of you could show them this screenshot.

Not sure if they will replace without having you do another fresh install.

Reactions: rugmankc

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Definitely not indicative of all iPhone x's, my battery hardly changes over night. Maybe a defect (short) in camera circuit putting excessive drain on battery.

Reactions: enduro0125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.