Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi everyone - wanted some thoughts from you. My husband and I both have the iPhone X which we purchased last December. He is potentially upgrading to the XS and I’m not. I wanted to take over his phone because mine have a couple of scratches on the screen and his don’t (pesky earrings).

Anyway - my battery health is at 100% charge capacity. His is at 96%. I acknowledge this is good. But given I’m going to keep the phone for an extra year or more, is worth replacing the battery before Dec 31st for £25?

Any thoughts?

DemonBob

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
Bolton, NC
I'd go a head and get it replaced, I did the same with my 7+ last month. The battery was at 88%, and the apple technician said there is nothing wrong with it, but i told them to replace it anyways and they did. The price will be going up to $69 you'll be saving $40 and have refreshed phone that will last you another year or two until you want to upgrade.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
No need to get it replaced now. Wait until it actually needs it.

I agree at 96 you don’t need to replace but is it worth doing in say Oct / Nov to save to 40 pounds of doing it in the future?

Will Apple stop me from this?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I agree at 96 you don’t need to replace but is it worth doing in say Oct / Nov to save to 40 pounds of doing it in the future?

Will Apple stop me from this?
I don't know about Canada policy.

Unless you are having to charge your phone multiple times a day, it should be good for another year (at the very least). By that time, you may want to get the new offering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.