Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luiss11

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Hey guys. I hope you are enjoying your new iPhone X just like I am. I have a slight issue though. Right under the clock on the top left, I see a kind of transparent line from the corner of the screen towards the start of the notch.

The vague line is right on par with the notch. I mean. I went to the Apple Store but I don’t think I saw this as something normal and I’ve seen YouTube videos where people are zooming in at this beautiful screen and I don’t see that line.

It’s very very subtle and I wish I wouldn’t have seen it but now I can’t unsee it. I would exchange it but I really don’t want to play the exchange game as if I get a new phone (possibly refurbished) it might have other issues (dead or stuck pixel).

What do you guys think?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
At this point in the game I don’t think you’ll get refurbished devices as the phone hasn’t been out for long enough for the returned items to go through refurbishment process. In any case refurbished phones are as good as new and you won’t have issues, just because they’re refurbished. Especially the chances of having a dead pixel is very low. Also, even the refurbished devices will carry the same warranty as your original phone, so in case you run into any issue you can get them replaced again.

So if you think it’s a genuine hardware issue then I’d get it replaced without much thought.

Reactions: luiss11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.