Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sxxnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2020
Hey guys, so an iPhone X was dropped. Everything is still functioning, not even a single crack on the backcover just the frame did bent a little inwards in one spot. Is there any possibility to fix this bent, without replacing the entire back housing?

Or is it possible to just exchange the frame?

Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Unless you can find a complete rear housing with the rear glass already attached and are prepared to transfer every single part from your existing phone to the new housing, to me it's not worth the hassle or chance you'll screw something up. You can either keep using it until it stops working, sell it as is or go to Apple and do a out of warranty exchange for $549 (U.S.). It wouldn't be worth paying the $549 for an almost 3 year old phone so I'd just put it in a case and be done with it..

Reactions: akash.nu

sxxnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2020
@BugeyeSTI
I already found a complete rear housing and I'm ready to go through the hussle. But like I said the housing is almost perfectly fine, there is just this inward bent in the frame that also pushes the backcover up a little.
[automerge]1589982455[/automerge]
Here are the pictures
The phone fell from the 7th storey and got well protected by the tempered glass and case

IMG_0124 (2).JPG
IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0121_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.