Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faazilfayaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
Hey guys, so the haptic feedback on my iPhone X is being strange, it was working fine yesterday. Espically on the camera app when you switch modes or when you change the portrait lighting, i'm not getting haptic feedback. I've checked settings and System haptics are still on and i have also reset my phone and the haptic feedback still isnt working on the camera app.

Sveltizzo

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2017
What happened with your issue. I noticed after update to 11.2 that my haptics behave inconsistent. In camera it is sometimes present but weak and sometimes I don't feel it at all. Also when dismissing the cc it has a loud vibration, but if I do it several consecutive times it completely disappears. Today it was present again, but if I want to re-enable it, the only sure solution is to restart the phone. I would have thought it is hardware related, but 3d touch and app switcher continue to emit vibration consistently. I am not sure now if it is 11.2 related, or it was like that even before.

Reactions: aksaputro

aksaputro

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
What happened with your issue. I noticed after update to 11.2 that my haptics behave inconsistent. In camera it is sometimes present but weak and sometimes I don't feel it at all. Also when dismissing the cc it has a loud vibration, but if I do it several consecutive times it completely disappears. Today it was present again, but if I want to re-enable it, the only sure solution is to restart the phone. I would have thought it is hardware related, but 3d touch and app switcher continue to emit vibration consistently. I am not sure now if it is 11.2 related, or it was like that even before.

Second this! I thought this was hardware related, but after reading your post I start to realize this only happens after upgrading to 11.2. Audible vibrating sound is only randomly happening when closing the control center so far.

Reactions: StuartMcN

Sveltizzo

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2017
Second this! I thought this was hardware related, but after reading your post I start to realize this only happens after upgrading to 11.2. Audible vibrating sound is only randomly happening when closing the control center so far.

Yep, still pretty disturbing. I hope someone at Apple knows about this issue and they fix it soon.

StuartMcN

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2017

I have had this same issue! I noticed that recently the haptic from closing the Control Centre seems to emit a sound almost like a click but it’s inconsistent. But tonight I have noticed that the haptic has gone completely from the control centre!

I too thought it was a hardware issue and contacted Apple. They asked me to reset the phone I case something didn’t install or something. That didn’t work so I have a genius appointment this week so will see what they say. I have noticed it more since 11.2

MALmen

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2011
I have had this same issue! I noticed that recently the haptic from closing the Control Centre seems to emit a sound almost like a click but it’s inconsistent. But tonight I have noticed that the haptic has gone completely from the control centre!

I too thought it was a hardware issue and contacted Apple. They asked me to reset the phone I case something didn’t install or something. That didn’t work so I have a genius appointment this week so will see what they say. I have noticed it more since 11.2

Exactly same for me. Don’t know if it appeared after 11.2 or not. But I think so. My CC haptic does not disappear completely though

StuartMcN

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2017
Exactly same for me. Don’t know if it appeared after 11.2 or not. But I think so. My CC haptic does not disappear completely though

That’s interesting to know! If people are reporting it must be a software issue then. I have an appointment with Apple tomorrow so I’ll ask them about it.

aksaputro

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017

Noticed that haptic feedback will be gone completely also randomly after the home gesture is repeated frequently on the control center page. Once off, it won't turn on until I turn off the phone, turn it back on, and the (problematic) haptic feedback will be back. That is, before it will randomly dissapear again.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

StuartMcN

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2017
Noticed that haptic feedback will be gone completely also randomly after the home gesture is repeated frequently on the control center page. Once off, it won't turn on until I turn off the phone, turn it back on, and the (problematic) haptic feedback will be back. That is, before it will randomly dissapear again.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
Yeah I have done that before and it does come back! Not sure what’s going on with the software seems quite buggy. Even the battery times are off. According to my phone the usage and standby times have been the same. I wish they didn’t just release buggy software

From0toHero

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2014
Switzerland
I was hoping that 11.2.1 would correct this clicking sound. The only way to avoid it, is to turn on silent mode. Like this the click never happens. And when i close a game the normal haptic feedback happens. Only with a non muted iphone x the click keeps happening under 11.2.1. Very annoying indeed

aksaputro

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
FYI: I am currently on 11.2.5 beta 2 (build no 15D5046b) and noticed that the issues above are not happening anymore.

CMIIW but I believe the issue was still happening on 11.2.5 beta 1.

dylanatdyl

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys, so the haptic feedback on my iPhone X is being strange, it was working fine yesterday. Espically on the camera app when you switch modes or when you change the portrait lighting, i'm not getting haptic feedback. I've checked settings and System haptics are still on and i have also reset my phone and the haptic feedback still isnt working on the camera app.

Not sure if it’s just me, but I realized that if I am looking at the phone, it doesn’t do haptic feedback in the camera app, but when i turn the phone away so that the phone doesn’t see my face, it will vibrate.

Harlowgold1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Ohio - GO BUCKEYES!
I get no haptic feedback on my keyboard. Everything has been turn on and the phone reset. Any ideas? Thanks!

Not sure if it’s just me, but I realized that if I am looking at the phone, it doesn’t do haptic feedback in the camera app, but when i turn the phone away so that the phone doesn’t see my face, it will vibrate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.