Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonewolf1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Hey! Just recently got iPhone X (space gray, 64 gigs) and I’m noticing that the lock button seems kinda easier to press than volume buttons and doesn’t sound exactly the same as them. It has less pronounced “click”. I’m just concerned whether this is normal and won’t make any issues in the future as I use that button a lot. (Probably 100 times a day :D) Would be really nice to hear feedback from others, especially those who had their X since launch.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hey! Just recently got iPhone X (space gray, 64 gigs) and I’m noticing that the lock button seems kinda easier to press than volume buttons and doesn’t sound exactly the same as them. It has less pronounced “click”. I’m just concerned whether this is normal and won’t make any issues in the future as I use that button a lot. (Probably 100 times a day :D) Would be really nice to hear feedback from others, especially those who had their X since launch.

Mine makes a click, but what degree compared to others? I can’t attest to that. Perhaps because you’re so new to the iPhone X, there might be a *slight* tolerance of play with the lock button, as I’m sure not every button has the exact same feedback for every user. I would continue using as you normally would, unless you want Apple to specifically look at it in the store.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Hearing is very personal. I recommend to have Apple take a look and take it from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.