Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molly Speer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2020
My iphone X notifications wont work. Imessage, snapchat, skype, facebook messenger, nothing shows notifications. Ive tried doing things i found on websites like notifications are definitely on, i did restart it many times, not disturb isnt on, i reset the settings on my phone, still not working.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My iphone X notifications wont work. Imessage, snapchat, skype, facebook messenger, nothing shows notifications. Ive tried doing things i found on websites like notifications are definitely on, i did restart it many times, not disturb isnt on, i reset the settings on my phone, still not working.
Is it just the banners that aren't showing up, or the badges, or notifications on the lock screen? Do you see anything in the Notification Center?

Molly Speer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2020
Is it just the banners that aren't showing up, or the badges, or notifications on the lock screen? Do you see anything in the Notification Center?

Nothing appears in the notfication center either, nothing on the lock screen, and no badges. The red bubble above the app is all.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nothing appears in the notfication center either, nothing on the lock screen, and no badges. The red bubble above the app is all.
Interesting. So notifications are received, given that the badges appear, but, outside of badges, just don't seem to be getting displayed, or are getting cleared out somehow.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Did it ever work on that phone? Did it stop working after an upgrade or another change? Are you on iOS 13.5.1? Any chance you post a pic of your Notifications setting screen?

Brugalo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2020
Did you check the previews section in settings? If you did reset the setting, it should be working. It could also be an update issue, but I have not seen anyone else face this issue. Might need to go to the service center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.