Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
So I restored my X from the Cloud and while I lost everything from during the 6 hour or so Activation debacle, all else was good. Well except that I had no photos. I thought it was just taking forever, but it turns out my silly self turned off Photo sync a while back to save cloud space. I have fixed that now and my old 7 Plus is currently Backing up like 4500 photos and Videos to the cloud (Taking forever to do so btw, Going on 12 hours now and it says theres 24 hours left?!?!?).

Whats my best course of action once its done? Will it be easiest to just backup the 7 Plus again and then restore the X to that? Any way to just transfer the photos directly? Should i Share the photos in the cloud instead of backing up? I have to send the 7 Plus back next week so I gotta figure this out quick lol.

Any help is appreciated!

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Keep it charging, on Wi-Fi, and screen locked. Just leave it, that’ll be your best bet.

Or, you can do a full iCloud backup of the old device if the photos are stored locally on there (no iCloud Photo Library), but that may take a while too. Just get in an area with fast Wi-Fi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.