Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How will your iPhone Delivery be handled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
For those who were lucky enough to snag the 11/3 delivery date, your iPhone will arrive in a couple of days. Thought it would be fun and entertaining to see choices, during this wait.

I didn't see this poll done earlier. Sorry, in advance , if I missed it and duplicated another poll.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
I'm not Retired... but I can work from home.

I'm in Management Consulting...which means I work odd hours, and am on airplanes at least 4 times a week. That said, the nice thing is that Fridays I can often work from home (If I'm in country). My desk overlooks the driveway. :)

If I miss the delivery Friday, I'll be in a world of hurt as I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks on an Engagement in Australia.

Last edited:

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Sooooo I just got off the phone with UPS, to see if a signature is required on Friday and the person I spoke to said the manifest for the tracking # I gave him does NOT require a signature...
I was going to pre-sign for the package since no one is home during business hours 6 days a week...but the rep I spoke to at UPS said there is nothing to pre-sign since the tracking # I gave them does NOT require a signature...
Anyone ever have an iPhone delivered that didn't require a signature? This is the first iPhone I had ordered, every other phone I went to the Apple store to pickup, but this Friday I have 2 important meetings and couldn't go to the store.

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
My husband is retired, so he will sign for it. We know the UPS driver very well (we’re rural) so he knows it’s coming - he’s already delivering every day anyway since I am ordering so many cases and chargers lol. And my manager knows I’ll be leaving work a wee bit early since there’s no way I’ll be able to work once it’s delivered!

Reactions: AJsAWiz

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m still on maternity leave until 11/6, so I’ll be picking mine up at my local hub instead of waiting for my UPs driver. We don’t get deliveries in my complex until 6pm-8:30pm.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
I was going to change the delivery to be held by UPS but I didn’t want to further complicate anything and risk have the date pushed to Monday since I already took Friday off.

Last two iPhones delivered to my house were there by 11AM.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Yeah, if I don't put in the request to hold at the local UPS distribution center, I will work from home Friday and patiently wait for it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Will wait for delivery BUT will "upgrade" my package to a two-hour window as opposed to the normal 4 hour window UPS gives which is often inaccurate on the late side.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Sooooo I just got off the phone with UPS, to see if a signature is required on Friday and the person I spoke to said the manifest for the tracking # I gave him does NOT require a signature...
I was going to pre-sign for the package since no one is home during business hours 6 days a week...but the rep I spoke to at UPS said there is nothing to pre-sign since the tracking # I gave them does NOT require a signature...
Anyone ever have an iPhone delivered that didn't require a signature? This is the first iPhone I had ordered, every other phone I went to the Apple store to pickup, but this Friday I have 2 important meetings and couldn't go to the store.

It's very common that no signature is required. It's really up the to driver if he leaves the package. It's more common for Apple to require a signature. Often AT&T does not.

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
It's very common that no signature is required. It's really up the to driver if he leaves the package. It's more common for Apple to require a signature. Often AT&T does not.

That is what I've been reading, Apple always requires a signature, but the UPS rep told me there is nothing on the manifest saying it needs to be signed for. My UPS driver delivers packages to me almost daily, its very safe where he leaves them at my house, but if the package REQUIRES a signature, and no one is home to sign, he probably wont leave it, which is why I want to "pre-sign" for the package to be left but UPS says they can't do that when a package doesn't require a signature...

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Will wait for delivery BUT will "upgrade" my package to a two-hour window as opposed to the normal 4 hour window UPS gives which is often inaccurate on the late side.
I will probably do the same thing. Are you choosing the earliest time?

I talked to a UPS driver a few months ago and they said it screws their schedule up. I feel kind of bad but yeah.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Mine wasn't delivered to an "alternate" location, it's still going to my local UPS hub, however instead of them loading it on a truck, I'll be picking it up myself first thing on Friday.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I will probably do the same thing. Are you choosing the earliest time?

I talked to a UPS driver a few months ago and they said it screws their schedule up. I feel kind of bad but yeah.

Yes, because I know even then they'll probably be still an hour late with likely a ton of iPhone deliveries in my area. UPS drivers make decent $ so I don't feel too bad for them having to loop back.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Yes, because I know even then they'll probably be still an hour late with likely a ton of iPhone deliveries in my area. UPS drivers make decent $ so I don't feel too bad for them having to loop back.
True.

When do you think the option to upgrade to the 2 hour window will become available? Want to jump on it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
True.

When do you think the option to upgrade to the 2 hour window will become available? Want to jump on it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Should happen as soon as it's official in UPS possession. I think UPS has to first assign the standard 4 hour window before we can narrow it to two. So either tonight or tomorrow.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
For those that said you were taking the day off work, I hope you didn't burn a vacation day or forfeit a pay day just to wait at home for it lol. You could have just had it delivered to work or got it when you got home that day.

I had mine delivered to work since I live in an apartment so no one could sign for it, and this way I get to use it before I go home.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
For those that said you were taking the day off work, I hope you didn't burn a vacation day or forfeit a pay day just to wait at home for it lol. You could have just had it delivered to work or got it when you got home that day.

I had mine delivered to work since I live in an apartment so no one could sign for it, and this way I get to use it before I go home.
I have days to burn since I never take off and I still might have some unused days.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
I'm a premium UPS My Choice customer...not seeing the option to specify a specific delivery window. How do we do that?

kythos

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking a half day in hopes it'll arrive in the morning so I can still stop by the office in the afternoon. Really thankful my work schedule is flexible and I can work remotely

dellandc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
From personal experience, I’ve always changed my delivery to the CC that ups packages always go through in my city so it’s impossible for delivery to be delayed. I wouldn’t hesitate if you wanna make a delivery change there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.