Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2011
3 weeks in, Just wondering if anyone here had the intel moden iphone x first on the Tmobile network and has done the move to the verizon qualcomm modem on the Tmobile network,

do you see any performance differences on the tmobile network between the two ? (Don’t care about speed that much, interested in reception at low reception areas, and holding a signal better in bad service areas)

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2011
So.... After a week long on testing the Qualcomm version on the Tmobile network and comparing it to my wife’s intel version and the the intel version I initially got on 11/3/17 and tested for two weeks , i can determine that the Qualcomm Verizon is superior by far both with maintaining signal in a low signal areas and in Speedtests.

kirk.vino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm that myself: the X with the Intel modem on T-Mobile is pretty much underwhelming in terms of maintaining signal and speed in low signal areas compared to my 6S Plus that has the Qualcomm modem.
I wish I had waited and bought the Verizon X instead. I didn’t even pay attention to it, but when I started noticing it, I was already out of my 14-day return window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.