Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misi06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Hi,
I have been using iPhone X for a week. I have a fully black wallpaper. I have noticed that when FaceID won't recognize me and keypad for passcode is shown, the upper half of the screen turns greyish/greenish. Is it a default behaviour of FaceId or is it a screen issue? It's worth mentioning that in homescreen it's not visible.

EDIT: It's the same for phone app but no other apps. They green/greyish color is in exact spot of lockscreen's clock and above.

Last edited:

misi06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Hi,
I have been using iPhone X for a week. I have a fully black wallpaper. I have noticed that when FaceID won't recognize me and keypad for passcode is shown, the upper half of the screen turns greyish/greenish. Is it a default behaviour of FaceId or is it a screen issue? It's worth mentioning that in homescreen it's not visible.

EDIT: It's the same for phone app but no other apps. They green/greyish color is in exact spot of lockscreen's clock and above.

Attachments

• 0790992E-9A2A-49F4-A974-14325ADF4EB0.jpeg
    0790992E-9A2A-49F4-A974-14325ADF4EB0.jpeg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 38CCC074-299A-42DF-B909-4DFD32E0E6D0.jpeg
    38CCC074-299A-42DF-B909-4DFD32E0E6D0.jpeg
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 298

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I don't really see what you are talking about here. What's going on with the picture ending in A974 (white screen)? I don't see any grey besides the reflection of the background in front of your phone screen.

misi06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I don't really see what you are talking about here. What's going on with the picture ending in A974 (white screen)? I don't see any grey besides the reflection of the background in front of your phone screen.
Look at where keylock, battery indicator and time is. I couldn’t take a better picture but i hope you can see that in these spots the „blur” effect is spreading beyond the mentioned clock, keylock and battery ind. places. You can zoom the picture to see it clearly. Second picture although it’s not perfect shows where the screen goes „greyish/greenish”. (Above the buttons)

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
It's the transparency ... The unlock panel is "modal" and everything behind it gets Gaussian blurred. Since it's time and signal on black, those elements look like spots.

This is normal and expected behavior... No worries.

misi06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
It's the transparency ... The unlock panel is "modal" and everything behind it gets Gaussian blurred. Since it's time and signal on black, those elements look like spots.

This is normal and expected behavior... No worries.
Well then, it doesn’t change the funcionality but it looks just ugly. Thanks for the explenation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.