Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacroixs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2018
Pennsylvania, USA
I baby this phone, i only put it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. Im so annoyed to find hundreds of long scratches going across the left to the center of my screen, they keep appearing too. I tried not using certain jeans but thats not helping. Would you guys think its defected? the closest apple store is like 2 hours away and when i contact them they tell me to go to a genuis bar.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
It’s not defective. The oleophobic coating is what is scratching. This coating wears off within a couple of months anyway. Apple will tell you it’s normal wear and tear. People who are sensitive to the micro scratches usually get a tempered glass screen protector to protect against it. The scratches appear on the screen protectors also. Your pockets are full of particles that can scratch the coating very easily.. You can try to take it to Apple and ask what they can do but, I wouldn’t expect much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.