Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
My iPhone X screen sometimes becomes unresponsive to touch. This issue has been bugging me for a while. I know I can do a hard reset to get it to work again but even that sometimes requires several attempts. It is especially annoying when it happens when I need to take a quick picture of something or answer a call. I had a web-chat with Apple support and the person wanted me to reset my phone and set-up as a new phone! I don't really want to do that as that would mean having to set-up banking apps, Apple Pay and numerous other apps. It's only worth the hassle of that for a brand new phone!

Has anyone else had these issues and did you manage to resolve it? It seems to be happening more and more recently.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
What the Apple Support people suggests may be the only way to find out if it is app related or hardware related.

There have been several threads where people have complained about the X being unresponsive.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
This is a common troubleshooting step: see if the issue persists on a fresh device without user data on it. If so, it is likely hardware related. If it isn’t you should re-apply your backup when restoring and should be back where you left of.

Without proper troubleshooting it will remain a guesswork what causes the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.