Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haz2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Hi,

So I know Apple offer an express repair/replacement service where they'll send me out an iPhone and then when I receive it, I have to send mine back in.

Just wondered if anyones got any experience with this? I've got an intermittent malfunctioning button on my iPhone X and just wondering if there would be any repercussions if they couldn't replicate the fault once it got to them?

Cheers.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I had used it once on an AppleCare covered mechanical issue iPhone 7 where Apple sent me a replacement and I sent in my faulty 7 which I basically I kept the replacement. I doubt Apple would make it a hassle to resend you back your device to ship back the replacement but likely will tell you to keep the replacement and they will test the faulty device at their discretion.

Reactions: davidmartindale

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
The above is correct. I just did this with my X on an intermittent faceid issue. Hold will be placed and released when they get your device. They won’t say anything about replicating your issue or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.