Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elliotwuu99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
I preordered an iPhone X at 3:10 EST on Oct 27 through the Apple Store app and ended with a Nov 17-24 delivery. When I was checking out with Apple Pay, it didn't let me change the shipping address. My billing address and my shipping address is different. I tried calling both Verizon and Apple, and none seemed to have a solution to change the shipping address. Does anyone know how to?

Banich2

Suspended
Apr 21, 2015
San Francisco, California
Same thing happened with me. After it ships, you can call Verizon and have them change the delivery address. This may or may not work.
The same thing happened to me, so after it shipped, I used the chat feature and asked them to change the address:

Verizon Thank you for confirmation that information. And just to confirm, did you receive notification that the device was shipped?​
You Yes
Verizon Thank you for that information. then it is definitely out of the pre-order stage.
Verizon can you confirm the new address that you would line this device to be shipped to please?
You [My Work Address]
Verizon Thank you for that information
Verizon And can you confirm who this should be attention to please?
You Brent N…
Verizon Thank you
You Welcome
Verizon Please allow me a few minutes to have this address change submitted for you
You Thank you
Verizon You're welcome!
Verizon Thank you very much for your patience. just to let you know that i am still going through the resuest
Verizon Will be completed in a few minutes
You Thank you
Verizon Thanks for waiting.
You Sure
Verizon ok
Verizon Thank you very much for your patience.
Verizon I have completed the request for the address change for you
Verizon The confirmation ticket of this request 3047295
Verizon Your address will then be updated to [My Work Address]​

Did not happen! They still attempted delivery at my apartment while I was at work and left a door tag. I chatted with another guy at Verizon, told him what happened, and that since the first address change didn't work correctly, to just have it sent to my Mom's house, because I would be on vacation at that point. See below:

Verizon The updates was done with the address.
You How can you be sure? She said she was sure last time?
Verizon i am sure because i am the one who made the changes
You Thank you
Verizon i have made all the changes i don't want you to go though at any point again
Verizon Is there anything else I can help you with today?
You Do you have any confirmation numbers for me?
Verizon Confirmation number for the address Change?
You yes
Verizon Sorry the system don't generate a confirmation number for an address change
You Last time she gave me "The confirmation ticket of this request 3047295"
Verizon i assure you the change was done you can use the chat as reference​

And guess where it ended up on Monday morning? My work! It was an absolute ***** joke. Where did that first person get a confirmation number from?

I would have it held for pick up at a fedex, just bring your ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.