Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVinny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2017
NY
So i was fortunate enough to receive the iPhone X on launch day and I like it. I️ don’t think it’s anything spectacular, but i enjoy it. My only issue is that during calls on speakerphone, some/all YouTube videos, certain ringtones and Instagram videos. I notice a slight rattle or distortion in the ear speaker in the “notch”. Now if I go on Spotify and listen to music there is no feedback or distortion. It almost sounds as if the speaker is blown out almost. But keep in mind it’s only during certain apps/ actions such as stated above. So I call Apple support and am on the phone over an90 minutes with a tech supervisor and seeing is how my laptop is 8 years old I do not have an up to date iTunes to do a troubleshooting step. She had advised me to take into Apple and see if they can test the hardware and reinstall if that’ll fix the issue than if not. I am within 14 days to return or exchange. I explained i don’t want to do that but stressed the fact the iPhonex is on backorder until 4 weeks. Because she said if it’s a hardware issue they will issue me a “service replacement” which we all know and Apple admits to it being recycled parts all “tested and certified” to be working out together to make a “new phone which in fact is not truly new. I stressed it’s been 3 days and i woke up at preorder and ordered on time to make sure i have a brand new device. Not some recycled “certified” apple replacement. So i have an appt in a couple of days and hopefully it is just a software issue. If not I am fighting tooth and nail to receive a Brand New in box Iphone that I paid for. Wish me luck!!!

Also if anyone else notices m/ has this issue please help !! Because according to the tech supervisor I’m the first person to have this issue. So let’s see how this goes!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.