Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsquared71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Are the steel bands around the iPhone X the same shade? Are is the steel around the Space Gray phone darker and the White phone lighter? I can’t seem to tell from videos or photos.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Are the steel bands around the iPhone X the same shade? Are is the steel around the Space Gray phone darker and the White phone lighter? I can’t seem to tell from videos or photos.
Uh yes.
Silver is the standard stainless color that you can polish if you get scratches.
The black is the same color as the rest of the phone. Sort of like how the Apple watches are in stainless.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
The silver phone has a lighter shade of stainless steel. The space gray‘s band goes through a special process to precisely match the color of the glass, as Apple says here.
A4F22DEF-72B2-4F84-83D3-880FCCD12820.jpeg

Reactions: nsquared71

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
The silver phone has a lighter shade of stainless steel. The space gray‘s band goes through a special process to precisely match the color of the glass, as Apple says here. View attachment 717505
Weird I would of thought the glass would be just clear glass over the body of the phone. There just be a layer on the back of the clear class that has the color then

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I would've preferred it to be a black/space grey band. The stainless steel reflects too much & is a bit too blingy for me.

I'll cover it up with a case anyway so it's not going to impact me, but I think with the galaxy's distracting/reflecting infinite display, Apple had a chance to not have a frame around the main thing we should be looking at, that could also glimmer in certain light/angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.