Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which one do you prefer ?

• Total voters

Austin4321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Comparing the new OnePlus 6 vs iPhone X. Which device would you take?
Both of them are made up of glass and metal with some incredible attention to detail. And
when it comes to performance both the phones work like a breeze. iPhone X has a clear advantage over it with a better screen, dual speaker, wireless charging, stainless steel design.
The other Major difference between them is their price. One Plus 6 costs the half of an Iphone X, so does it really justify the price difference ? What do you think ?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Rumors this morning are pointing to the iPhone X dropping in price this autumn. You could wait a few months and get an even newer model for probably around $150 cheaper. I know it's just a rumor but it's Ming Chi Kuo who usually knows his stuff—though he's better at predicting supply chain rumors. The other thing to keep in mind is with an iPhone X Plus coming out, Apple needs pricing room at the top of the lineup to slot that in. Starting it at $1199 would be a bit much.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It's all about the ecosystem you prefer.
Can't go wrong either way.

Absolutely correct. I’m amazed actually how many consider hardware as the largest advantage when choosing a smart phone, when over the course of the smart phone experience, it’s about the software. And I think most tend figure this out until they are over the whole hardware euphoria.

Reactions: AlphaGuitarist

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
iPhone X VS OnePlus 6 ? Which one should you buy ?

Comparing the new OnePlus 6 vs iPhone X. Which device would you take?

Based the first sentence of your post I am going to take it upon myself to read your post title in the following way: iPhone X VS OnePlus 6 ? Which one WOULD you buy ?

Because 'should' implies that there is a right choice or a wrong choice.

So, in that context…neither. Both phones have a camera bump and that is an aesthic I do not care for.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
It's all about the ecosystem you prefer.
Can't go wrong either way.

Absolutely correct. I’m amazed actually how many consider hardware as the largest advantage when choosing a smart phone, when over the course of the smart phone experience, it’s about the software. And I think most tend figure this out until they are over the whole hardware euphoria.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
I was half tempted to buy a oneplus 6 phone to play around with, but I don’t “need” it. Maybe when the oneplus 6t comes out the 5/6 will be cheap enough to justify my desire to have an android to play with.

Keep in mind oneplus is a Chinese company and you can only buy them online. Their customer service is deplorable from all the stories I’ve read on their forum and reddit. Also keep in mind they have been releasing 2 phones a year. So 6 months or so after the brand new 6 comes out there will be a 6T. Oneplus used to release 1 phone per year, but with the oneplus 3 they started releasing 2 per year. People were IRATE when the oneplus 3T came out, especially those who had picked up the oneplus 3 brand new and then a month later a brand new and superior phone was released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.