Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hank_baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I have owned only IPhones since the very first one came out. I own a tech camera store, we use iPhones and macs. I recently upgraded my wife’s and I IPhone 6S plus’s for the new IPhone XR. They had a buy one at 750 and get second one free. The LTE download speeds are 0.45 everywhere. Yes we did all the resets, tricks standing on on leg etc...
I am so disappointed that Apple is not recalling these phones or admitting this is a hardware issue with the inferior Intel chip.
Verizon is replacing the phones with refurbished models for my NEW phones, but I suspect hey will have the same issues. Long time IPhone, MAC, Apple user going to buy an android today. Apple seems far behind now. They use to be known for quality. I cannot believe they released a phone that cannot do the one thing it’s suppose to which is work on cell towers. Both our new XR’s are acting the same way. Standing in same place when an employee has a Samsung Galaxy S8 and they are getting 45.0 download speeds and my new XR get 0.45 . I cannot believe that Apple has no more quality control than that.

Reactions: richwilliams

RickGrimes

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019
No issues here. My so called inferior intel chip works fine even inside the house.

Attachments

• 4CA8C7B9-436E-46D8-88C0-FDD11158D271.jpeg
    4CA8C7B9-436E-46D8-88C0-FDD11158D271.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 295

hank_baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I would be curious to see a pic of your download speeds on LTE. Why would two brand new phones out of the box behave in exactly the same way. Also many people have reported getting new replacements and still having the same issues. Can you post your XR LTE download speed ? I am always surprised how people take it personally when a problem with an Apple product is reported. It’s like a cultish defending of a product that they own. I am a big believer in dealing in facts the facts are we have 2 new phones that are defective on LTE. I will repost when we have are replacement refurbished models suppose to be here Monday. But many people have received replacement models that continue to respond in the same way and are defective in LTE as well.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
iPhone XS Max here with the intel chip, it performs beyond my expectations. Must be a lemon.

3517cd3eb20c465b5649763de86ab726.jpg

hank_baker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Thank you for posting that. That’s incredible. I am impressed. Hopefully a replacement will fix the issue. I appreciate you sharing that info.
[doublepost=1559399699][/doublepost]
No issues here. My so called inferior intel chip works fine even inside the house.
[doublepost=1559399778][/doublepost]
Thank you for posting that. That’s incredible. I am impressed. Hopefully a replacement will fix the issue. I appreciate you sharing that info.
[doublepost=1559399699][/doublepost]

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I would be curious to see a pic of your download speeds on LTE. Why would two brand new phones out of the box behave in exactly the same way. Also many people have reported getting new replacements and still having the same issues. Can you post your XR LTE download speed ? I am always surprised how people take it personally when a problem with an Apple product is reported. It’s like a cultish defending of a product that they own. I am a big believer in dealing in facts the facts are we have 2 new phones that are defective on LTE. I will repost when we have are replacement refurbished models suppose to be here Monday. But many people have received replacement models that continue to respond in the same way and are defective in LTE as well.

I'm using the XS Max on Sprint LTE here in Seattle and would expect similar performance with the XR - in my house, I just tested 64Mbps download speed (Speedtest).

Reactions: hank_baker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.