Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
Has anyone here used their Apple Watch with both an iPhone Xs and an 11 Pro? If so, did you notice any increase in sync speed?

I just bought an iPhone Xs from Best Buy and I have yet to receive it. I'm still on fence about getting an 11 Pro. I will be getting an AW5 and I wanted to know if the experience was any different with the newer phone. If so, I may buy the 11 Pro instead.

Thanks

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Has anyone here used their Apple Watch with both an iPhone Xs and an 11 Pro? If so, did you notice any increase in sync speed?

I just bought an iPhone Xs from Best Buy and I have yet to receive it. I'm still on fence about getting an 11 Pro. I will be getting an AW5 and I wanted to know if the experience was any different with the newer phone. If so, I may buy the 11 Pro instead.

Thanks
I can't imagine there's any significant difference between the XS and the 11/11Pro. Everything goes over the same type of bluetooth connection, so no speed to be gained there, and wifi is more than fast enough to handle the low-volume traffic between watch and phone (which only happens with BT isn't available like when one device is out of BT range).

Besides, the only time any significant amount of data is transferred is during initial setup. After that, only very small amounts of data go between watch and phone, so even if the iPhone 11 were any faster, it wouldn't have any real-world impact.

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
I can't imagine there's any significant difference between the XS and the 11/11Pro. Everything goes over the same type of bluetooth connection, so no speed to be gained there, and wifi is more than fast enough to handle the low-volume traffic between watch and phone (which only happens with BT isn't available like when one device is out of BT range).

Besides, the only time any significant amount of data is transferred is during initial setup. After that, only very small amounts of data go between watch and phone, so even if the iPhone 11 were any faster, it wouldn't have any real-world impact.

I had bought an AW4 a few months ago and unfortunately, the sync time was too slow for me. It took me over an hour to sync ~180 songs.
Is your experience the same?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.