Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrumpWon!

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2017
Anyone know if Apple made any changes to the screens of the Xs and Xs Max over the X from last year? Are they brighter?

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Anyone know if Apple made any changes to the screens of the Xs and Xs Max over the X from last year? Are they brighter?
Can anyone test the output brightness in Nits like TVs are tested. We may have a Brightness gate in the making I have officially coined a phrase.
Brightness Gate 2018
iPhone XsMAX not delivering promised brightness to customers. Let’s take screenshots of the Apple website before they delete any mention of Brightness.

Reem0nN

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2018
Mine brightness is a alot more on mine XS Max then my previous X.
I had them side by side to see how much.
And it was much more :)

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Same luminance specs according to Apple. Reviews concur.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Brightness gate. Really?
I keep my Max at about 35%. More than bright enough.
People running their screens more than 50% are just wasting their battery time.
I run all my iOS devices ate about 35%, again, plenty bright. Turned up higher than that and they’re too bright.

I’ve read and heard many people who manipulate photos claim you have to turn your brightness way up to edit properly. That’s wrong, (and again, battery draining) if you know your equipment and know the photo.

Short form, XS Max with no brightness problems. And while we’re at it, no stuttering problems either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.