Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azamato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Hey guys I bought an iPhone XS in early 2020 and I'm happy with it overall until the last couple of months. I always used a clear hard case for it so I never noticed this but one time I had an accident and the phone dropped shattering the screen. I replaced the screen but the provider said that during the check they noticed my battery was dammaged as well and I should replace it. I figured it was a sales tactic so didn't bother with it.

Nowadays I've been using the phone without the case and I noticed that for example when I'm in settings the left top part of the phone get really warm and sometimes even hot, even sometimes on certain apps it becomes like that. The battery is also not that great anymore but that might be unrelated, the life is 86%.

Now I'm leaving for Japan for 6 months and I was hoping I could still use the phone but the bad battery life I could fix with a portable charger but the heating kinda bothers me. Is this a legit concern or is this normal? I can sell the phone for 130 euro at a local shop if I buy a 12 for 550 euro. should I just do that?

Don't have the budget for the 13

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I’m similar on a 12 pro. I’d go for a battery change and svelte I’m upgrading to the 14.

If I were you I’d get the battery replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.