Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Petey07

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi! I’m looking for a charging station with wireless charging for the XS max (fast charger preferred), Apple Watch series 4 charger (or holder) and AirPod? I see a lot on amazon, but the reviews are questionable. Also, don’t want to spend $160 on the Belkin on (ridiculous!)

Anyone have any recommendation or reviews for their charger station that they’re using?

Thanks in advanced!

Petey07

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Let us know how it goes. I saw that too, but wasn’t sure if it would work for the Apple Watch Ser. 4...
Ended up coming a day earlier. So far I like it a lot. Heavy enough that it doesn’t tip over with just the watch on and charges both my phone and the watch just fine. Feels solid and well made.

Not sure about “fast” charging. I’m using it on my night stand so it’ll be used almost exclusively for overnight charging. It didn’t come with a wall plug, just the usb cable. Tried charging with a normal iPhone charging brick and it wouldn’t work. I swapped it out for a larger iPad charging brick and it worked fine. Guess it needs more power.

Reactions: Petey07

craigo14

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi mate,

Is this stand still working out for you. I seen it on amazon and considered buying one?

djkinetic

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
Have a similar one to this ...it also includes the wireless charging case for the airport:

Hisri 3 in 1 Qi Wireless Charging Pad,Fast Wireless Charger Compatible for iPhone X/XS Max/8/8 Plus Apple Watch Series 4/3/2 Airpods Samsung Galaxy Note 8/S9/S8 and All Qi Enable Device (White 3 in 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJDV3BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PWyTBbKERDCF6

Here's a photo of mine charging my Max watch and airpods.. it supports fast charge also

e880272cf77d57d2adeac85c6fa1b81b.jpg

Reactions: Petey07

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
Have a similar one to this ...it also includes the wireless charging case for the airport:

Hisri 3 in 1 Qi Wireless Charging Pad,Fast Wireless Charger Compatible for iPhone X/XS Max/8/8 Plus Apple Watch Series 4/3/2 Airpods Samsung Galaxy Note 8/S9/S8 and All Qi Enable Device (White 3 in 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJDV3BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PWyTBbKERDCF6

Here's a photo of mine charging my Max watch and airpods.. it supports fast charge also

How have you liked this one so far? How long is the "power" cord?

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
I like it some people say the led indicators are too bright but I don't notice it cause they're covered by the phone and watch band. The cord is about 3 feet long.

Sorry, a couple more questions.

On the amazon site description it says to remove the watch band before charging but the pictures don't show that. Can you confirm that you can charge the watch with the band on.

The "power" cord: is it hardwired to the charging pad or is it removable? A couple of the pictures show what looks like a removable cord while other pictures make it look like it is hardwired.

Thanks!!

djkinetic

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sorry, a couple more questions.

On the amazon site description it says to remove the watch band before charging but the pictures don't show that. Can you confirm that you can charge the watch with the band on.

The "power" cord: is it hardwired to the charging pad or is it removable? A couple of the pictures show what looks like a removable cord while other pictures make it look like it is hardwired.

Thanks!!

The one I have is removable the one I linked could be different..I didn't link the one I ordered because ATM it's unavailable..and I charge the watch with watch band on the reason they say take it off I assume is the watch band might prop the actual watch up so it doesn't contact the pad but I haven't had that issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CP45WQW/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is another alternative https://www.amazon.com/Wuloo-Wireless-Ultra-Thin-Charging-Compatible/dp/B07DQ8F94W

Last edited:

Petey07

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area

I like the idea of the pad, but I was wondering if it the phone and watch will be ok on the long run (just skeptical). I wonder what's the different for the apple pad and these type of pads we see for sale now.

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
I ended up getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F58KKYF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 along with an Anker power adapter

I've had it two days now and it has worked well. I use it for overnight charging so I haven't checked into the fast charging capability. I had a Belkin Powerhouse charger (uses lightning port for phone) before this but the new iPhones wouldn't work with it so I'm trying this one. I'm reluctant to pay $100 for a new Belkin version of what I had for less than a year. I'm enjoying the wireless charging so far. We will see how it goes.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

sumrmarv

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2019
I have my phone in a otter box, will it still charge on the pad, or do you know ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.