Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
Is there any automated way of sending an album of iPhoto pictures to a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation with each picture as their own slide?

Thanks

misterellis

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2006
Problem with Automated iPhoto to Slideshow script

Devman, I tried your automated solution, but got the following AppleScript Error:

Keynote got an error: Can't make <class Kssw> of slideshow "untitled" into type reference.

I tried saving the file first so that it had a filename, but I got the same error msg.

Any thoughts as to what's going on?

I'd also like to do this with PowerPoint. Any scripts for that?

Thanks.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
iHateWindows said:
Is there any automated way of sending an album of iPhoto pictures to a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation with each picture as their own slide?

Thanks

Do you specifically want to edit the presentation? If not, you could use the 'Export' function in iPhoto and export as a QuickTime file.

Or, from within Keynote, just drag your album from the Media browser to the 'Slides' navigator (along the left side of the window) at the top of the presentation (or the bottom, or between two existing slides, whatever;) rather than actually IN an existing slide.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Or if you're running Tiger you could make a simple Worflow in Automator that could do the job.:)

misterellis

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2006
I'll give it a whirl--thanks (schaef,too).

ehurtley said:
Do you specifically want to edit the presentation? If not, you could use the 'Export' function in iPhoto and export as a QuickTime file.

Or, from within Keynote, just drag your album from the Media browser to the 'Slides' navigator (along the left side of the window) at the top of the presentation (or the bottom, or between two existing slides, whatever;) rather than actually IN an existing slide.

honestabe52

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2006
PhotoUplink iPhoto export plugin does this

iHateWindows said:

Thanks

Download the test version of PhotoUplink from http://www.photouplink.com, it will let you export selected images and even video directly to a PowerPoint presentation, Word document, FTP site, or ODBC datasource.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.