Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Ok So i just a new d50 as u most know:cool: but this question is mainly for the people who already have been useing it with iphoto for some time,

Welll when I upload my pics through Iphoto they come out THumbnail size even though I Set the settings to Fine and LARGE, but when i go to the camera Itself and take the pics out of it manually they come out fine im alittle confused about it, :confused: so any help would be appreciated:D

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
You'r iPhoto library displays your pictures as thumbnails. Double click on a specific picture to make it larger, or drag it to your desktop and open it using Preview to view it in its actual size.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
I kno that but this is tthe problem when i go to the library data by opening it through the picture folder, and open each photo with preveiw they come out the same size as the thumbnail

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Thats because iPhoto saves thumbnail versions of your pictures to use as small previews in the library.

You shouldn't navigate the Pictures folder to use iPhoto.

Simply drag the picture you want from the iPhoto Library in the iPhoto App, to your desktop - then open it using Preview.

It couldn't be simpler.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
b0tt094 said:
alright im just sayin my old camera didnt do that

I don't think its to do with the camera, its how iPhoto's index works. So it loads faster, it saves thumbnails of your images in its own folder - then finds the original 'large' image when you drag/open it.

Good luck with the D50.

By the way, I'm torn between that and a Canon DSLR.

Whats it like so far?

EastCoastFlyer

macrumors regular
I have a D-50, bought about 4 months ago, and am a new Mac user with iPhoto and PSE. Have had absolutely no problems with iPhoto either doing the double click or drag and drop.

Love the D50 by the way -- now trying to figure out what lens to upgrade to from the kit lens....

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
personaly I love my d50

Its agreat camera Extremly fast start time Very small shutter lag its just GREAT all around, I personally couldn't be happier,

PS I was torn between the canon xti and the d50 before but the xti was out of my price range and I am happy with my purchase

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well at least you have a better built camera. ;) Megapixels really aren't everything, not unless you want to print at like 11" x 14". However, I'm not likely to do that, and most of my photos are just saved and viewed on my computer LCD screen, so I'll continue to enjoy my D50. :)

And about lenses, don't worry so much for now. People usually won't be able to tell whether a photo was taken using a cheap or expensive lens, so don't let all the lens talk scare you. :) It doesn't come into play until you want to shoot something specific. I mean, you can't fool me into thinking that your 18-55 mm kit lens is a 105 mm macro lens since it can't take the same type of photos, but generally speaking, it's hard to tell quality right off the bat unless you put it through some side-by-side tests with other lenses, and using resolution charts and such.

On the other hand, you won't take full advantage of your camera unless you pick up some good lenses (that don't need to be expensive), since there ARE things you won't be able to do with the kit lens that I can do with my Sigma 24-70 mm f/2.8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.