Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heath82371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
i am new to macs. i have a facebook account that i use to communicate with family and friends. i noticed that when i uploaded pics today, they were separated by date (this is typical) but then by original and modified. i had never noticed this before. it is a pain to upload all the images from one event from 2 different areas. how can i merge these (original and modified) back together?

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
i am new to macs. i have a facebook account that i use to communicate with family and friends. i noticed that when i uploaded pics today, they were separated by date (this is typical) but then by original and modified. i had never noticed this before. it is a pain to upload all the images from one event from 2 different areas. how can i merge these (original and modified) back together?

Not sure what you did, but here's how I load from iPhoto to FB.

Select a photo from any event and hit command-. (that's holding down the command and hit the period key). This marks the photo as flagged, and if you look on the left, there is a special folder for flagged photos. You can go all around your iPhoto library and hit command-. as many times as you like to flag as many photos as you like. If you change your mind, hit command-. again, to turn off the flag.

After I've flagged all the photos I want to put in the FB folder, I click on the flagged folder to see the photos in that folder, hit command-a (that selects all the photos in that folder) then publish to facebook (by pressing the FB button in the lower right).

Once it's published up, I can see the FB folder in the folder list on the left, so I then go back into the flagged photo folder, hit command-a to select all photos and then command-. (command and the period) to toggle the flag off, which clears out flagger photo folder, so I can set up another folder.

You can use the flagged folder for anything -- printing, facebook photos, mobileme folders, creating new folders just for organizing, etc.

Sorry if this didn't answer your question, but I hope something was of help.

heath82371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
thanks for the info. it is helpful b/c then i can just flag the pics i want to upload to FB once i have edited them. i just don't get how i ended up with two folders (original and edited) and still need help merging them MAC peep.... very confusing.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv

If you in any way edit your pictures in iPhoto the new copy is saved in the 'modified folder'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.