Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I just dragged an image from iPhoto to Photoshop and edited it there. Then I saved a copy as .jpg and dragged the copy back to iPhoto to keep it in the library. The colours seemed off, so I tried to save as .psd and drag the psd into iPhoto since I know iPhoto undestands .psd. Sure enough, the image imported and this time the colour were the same as seen in Photoshop.

This is how it looked in iPhoto:
cm1.png

Then I tried to open both saved files (.jpg and .psd) in Preview. Both looked correct there:
cm2.jpg

Photoshop Elements is set to "No Color Management" and both files were saved with "Embed Color Profile" unchecked.

Why did this happen. It seems like it's iPhoto that is the offender, doesn't it?

beg_ne

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
I'm having a similar issue here between iPhoto and Fireworks 8. Had it in iPhoto 6, dropped it into Fireworks 8 to do some editing and its not even worth the time trying to do some image manip on it since the color is so wrong. Even tried moving it into iPhoto 5 on my PowerMac and moving it to Fireworks from there. Anyone have any idea how to fix this for Fireworks? :)

gekko513

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
What file format do you use with Fireworks and iPhoto. I have now tried with several other file formats between Photoshop and iPhoto and the only format that causes colour problems is .jpg. I could save as .png, .tif or .psd and those would import properly back into iPhoto.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Are you sure you've clicked DONE in iPhoto? I'm not a photography exptert but iPhoto editing has caught me out a couple of times by not saving the file until I've clicked DONE...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.