Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
bluemagic said:
does anyone know how to put 2 pics on one file??

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
If you want to have one picture overlaid on top of another, such that you can "see" both pictures at once, then the answer is you can't do that in iPhoto. Photoshop for sure does it, put each picture into a different layer, and set the top pictures visibility to 50%.
Obviously you will lose 50% of the data from each picture.
What is it you hope to accomplish?

fyi, there are other apps that do this, I'm sure, but Photoshop is the one I use and the only one I'm aware of personally.

~Tyler

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
bluemagic said:
does anyone know how to put 2 pics on one file??

You are going to have to tell us some more about what the final result will look like. Do you want to make a composite where you combine elements of two images or maybe something rhat looks like a contact sheet? You can't do this with iPhoto you will need to get an image editor like Gimp or Photoshop.

OK trick that might work: Try a screen grab. Get two images up in preview capture the screen rhn crop off bits you don't want. Crude but maybe what you are looking for. But why?

OK the literally do what you ask. Make an archive file like a zip or tar format file. and you will have two jpg files inside one file

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.