Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimjim40

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
every time i put my iphone on it's stand iphoto decides that I don't want to be looking at the image I'm viewing but staring at a blank window for 5 minutes (6 year old mac) as it searches for photos on the iphone.

there doesn't seem to be a way that I can see of telling iphoto to stop assuming I want to do this 20 times a day!!!!

If you are reading this steve will you poke yourself in the eye for me.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I believe that if you go into Image Capture when your iphone is connected you can select it to not open iPhoto.

I am unaware if this changes the default for every camera however personally I find it quite annoying when something pops up when I insert something so I'm not fussed if it does in fact stop iPhoto from opening all the time!

slimjim40

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I believe that if you go into Image Capture when your iphone is connected you can select it to not open iPhoto.

thanks for trying but I just tried it but there were no options that gave me such power over my own computer. Maybe it's in the latest OSX system only.

I really need a new pewter

slimjim40

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Did you try preferences? I swear it's worked in previous builds of OSX...

This is basically what I'm trying to explain!

http://michaelkrol.com/2007/09/13/tell-your-iphone-to-stop-opening-iphoto/

ah! but no. My problem is that when I'm already in iphoto which I use a lot, it goes into it's own private activity with the iphone every time I inadvertently put the iphone on it's charging stand after a call.

I may have to go back to Iview (or expression as it's now known)

I winder what other alternatives there are?

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
ah! but no. My problem is that when I'm already in iphoto which I use a lot, it goes into it's own private activity with the iphone every time I inadvertently put the iphone on it's charging stand after a call.

I may have to go back to Iview (or expression as it's now known)

I winder what other alternatives there are?

Ah sorry,

I completely get you now! Sorry for the confusion and sadly no, I don't think there is a solution!

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
Not meant to be argumentative, but perhaps it's time to upgrade the mac? Even a used 4 year old imac would perform better than this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.