Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
A friend has a Lumix FX8 (I think). When she connects it to her Mac iPhoto recognises it and imports the photos. But iPhoto doesn't "know" the camera. If she disconnects the camera before "ejecting" it OS X gives an error-message.

Couldn't find a proper driver.

She told me, that there is no driver on the CD which came with the camera.

Any solution to avoid the error-message?

thx

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
A friend has a Lumix FX8 (I think). When she connects it to her Mac iPhoto recognises it and imports the photos. But iPhoto doesn't "know" the camera. If she disconnects the camera before "ejecting" it OS X gives an error-message.

Couldn't find a proper driver.

She told me, that there is no driver on the CD which came with the camera.

Any solution to avoid the error-message?

thx

how do you want iphoto to "know" the camera?

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
example:

When I connect my Canon Ixus iPhoto lists the Ixus as a source. When I unplug the Ixus or turn the camera off iPhoto/OS X doesn't give me an error message.

I guess iPhoto/OS X "knows" that the source is a camera and doesn't handle it like it handles an external storage (external drive, SD card, etc.).

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
certain camera makes the memory act like a storage, others don't... it's not something iphoto does

you camera might have an option to switch, if not, reject the darn thing already, it's not that big of an deal

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
certain camera makes the memory act like a storage, others don't... it's not something iphoto does

you camera might have an option to switch, if not, reject the darn thing already, it's not that big of an deal

not satisfying, but she will survive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.