Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
For some reason iPhoto has started adding the names in my address book as suggestions when I start typing a name. As I have 100x as many names in my address book as I do people in iPhoto, this is annoying. Today is the first time its done this after about two weeks of using iPhoto.
Previously for example, if I typed 'C' I might get suggestions of (say) Claire, Clarence and Clara (all existing names in iPhoto) now its also adding CDWOW and other companies whose email addresses happen to begin with 'C' :D

A minor irritation in the scheme of things but an irritation all the same.

I was going to say I haven't changed anything at all but I've just realised one change I made yesterday that may have triggered this - I dragged address book off the dock. Dragging it back on hasn't helped :confused:

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
This feature was added in the latest iPhoto update. I don't know of any way to turn it off. I believe that names previously used in iPhoto are sorted first, so this should not add any extra clicks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.