Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Well I'm new to photography, though I've been taking photos for years. I'll be taking a class soon to get better at this. One thing I've always admired were the iPhoto photo's they use in their demo's at the Apple Store or online. The photo's are so colorful, bright, crisp, lively and what have you. Now I know I can't go around asking people to wear overly colorful clothing, but what are they doing to get the photos so beautiful like that?

My newest digicam is a Canon SX10 IS

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
Well I'm new to photography, though I've been taking photos for years. I'll be taking a class soon to get better at this. One thing I've always admired were the iPhoto photo's they use in their demo's at the Apple Store or online. The photo's are so colorful, bright, crisp, lively and what have you. Now I know I can't go around asking people to wear overly colorful clothing, but what are they doing to get the photos so beautiful like that?

My newest digicam is a Canon SX10 IS

Start with a DSLR. A lot of those pics are shot with a DSLR -- you can tell by the isolation of the subject and the background bokeh.

flinch13

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2004
Professional photographers work for years to get their photographs like that. Believe me, it becomes an obsession. Don't worry too much about it guy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.