Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
I used to be able to drag a photo from iPhoto down to the Photoshop icon in the dock and Photoshop would open the original file.

Now, on my new MBP, it doesn't happen.

Any ideas anyone?

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
As far as I know, it has always opened the modified version of the file. I believe it was that way in iPhoto 06 and now in iPhoto 08

to open the original, you could right click and choose "show original file" - in finder and drag that to PS

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
As far as I know, it has always opened the modified version of the file. I believe it was that way in iPhoto 06 and now in iPhoto 08

to open the original, you could right click and choose "show original file" - in finder and drag that to PS

My apologies. To reiterate, when I drag from iPhoto to the PS icon in the dock, it opens PS but not the file (when I said 'original file', I meant the file itself as opposed to the thumbnail).

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
My apologies. To reiterate, when I drag from iPhoto to the PS icon in the dock, it opens PS but not the file (when I said 'original file', I meant the file itself as opposed to the thumbnail).

hmm, I don't know then. Since I upgraded to Leopard, I don't have PS (Elements) installed, but I just checked and it worked for me when I dragged over to Graphics Converter.

Hopefully someone else has an answer for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.