Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woolyback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
England
Not sure if this is best here or under general Mac Apps....

Couldn't find anything on here or in iPhoto's Help on this but basically, I want to be able to easily choose the size my picture is when it's printed form iPhoto.

e.g. trying to print out a number of smallish pics together on one piece of A4 (5cm x 8cm or 2 x 3") and I couldn't find a simple way of choosing/setting the sizes when they printed... is this possible with iPhoto ?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Not sure if this is best here or under general Mac Apps....

Couldn't find anything on here or in iPhoto's Help on this but basically, I want to be able to easily choose the size my picture is when it's printed form iPhoto.

e.g. trying to print out a number of smallish pics together on one piece of A4 (5cm x 8cm or 2 x 3") and I couldn't find a simple way of choosing/setting the sizes when they printed... is this possible with iPhoto ?

Which version of iPhoto are you using? If you're still on iPhoto6, this is very easy. There's an iPhoto print setting called N-UP that will allow you to do what you are looking to do.

If you're using iPhoto'08, then it's much more difficult and the results aren't as good. Basically, you'll need to futz around in the Printer Settings (printer dialog window) to print more than one photo on a page. You'll end up with gaps between each photo no matter how you crop your pictures.

There are some detailed workflows on how to do this on iPhoto'08 on the web. Do a google search with these keywords "iPhoto'08 missing n-up" and dig around.

Good Luck

ft

woolyback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
England
'08.....bugger.

Thanks for the pointers though, will have a look (and I think I've read somewhere that as I have 08 I can download 06 as well and run both, so if all else fails...)

Cheers

woolyback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
England
aah.

Come to think of it, I was reading about iMovie (and made an obviously wrong assumption). Oh well, I'll have a look at what you suggested - thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.