Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pigbat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
This is going to seem like a silly question but I'm a recent switcher. Is there an option to resize a photo in iPhoto? I can't find it anywhere. Do you use something else to resize your pictures? I'm holding out until universal binaries for photoshop.

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
NY
iphoto 6: Just go down to constrain and there should be several choices. It is right next to enhance.
iphoto 5: probally the same. I dont remember

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
pigbat said:
This is going to seem like a silly question but I'm a recent switcher. Is there an option to resize a photo in iPhoto? I can't find it anywhere. Do you use something else to resize your pictures? I'm holding out until universal binaries for photoshop.

Aslong as the photos remain in iPhoto they are kept at full resolution but when yo "export" them using File --> Export there is an option to specify the size in pixels

iPhoto is really more of a storage and catalogginf system them an image editor. For editing use Gimp or if you have the money and prefer it, Photoshop.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
ChrisA said:
iPhoto is really more of a storage and catalogginf system them an image editor. For editing use Gimp or if you have the money and prefer it, Photoshop.

Or Photoshop Elements, which is more reasonably priced and has most if not all of the key features that a photographer needs to manipulate his/her images....

pigbat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
ChrisA said:
Aslong as the photos remain in iPhoto they are kept at full resolution but when yo "export" them using File --> Export there is an option to specify the size in pixels

Thanks for the info, good to know. I'll look at compiling gimp in the morning.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
pigbat said:
Um... I've never known how to. I've always uploaded to Photo Bucket and done it there. :eek:
OK, OK, I ADMIT IT!!!! :p

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
pigbat said:
Thanks for the info, good to know. I'll look at compiling gimp in the morning.

THere are good Mac executables available they even thought to include a wrapper to start up X11. Always good to build yourself if you can. I come to Mac OS X from UNIX/Linux background

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Clix Pix said:
Or Photoshop Elements, which is more reasonably priced and has most if not all of the key features that a photographer needs to manipulate his/her images....

Yes, I agree. I always describe gimp as haviing a editing feature set some place between the full Photoshop and PSE. Gimp is missing two features that canbe a show soper for some users 1) it does not handle CMYK color and 2) it cannot handle 16-bit color depth although it can import and convert many eep color file format including most camera's RAW files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.