Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pastense

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
My iphoto is acting strangely. When I double click on an image it will open in photoshop, but often in different sizes: 32x48" at 72dpi, or 11x17" at 180dpi. All pics were shot at the same resolution on my camera.

IDEAS??????

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Whenever I've used iPhoto on a photo, it downgrades it to 72 ppi. It doesn't matter which version of iPhoto--they've all done it.

The only choice is to not process anything with iPhoto.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
pastense said:
My iphoto is acting strangely. When I double click on an image it will open in photoshop, but often in different sizes: 32x48" at 72dpi, or 11x17" at 180dpi. All pics were shot at the same resolution on my camera.

IDEAS??????

Does it really matter? As long as the number of pixels is what you want. The DPI setting is just a tag that is basically ignored untill finally you go to make a final print

pastense

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
it turns out

It turns out to be the new EOS 30D....my rebel uploaded the pix in 17 x 11 @ 180 dpi The 30D does this at 3 times the size @ 72 dpi. I know the camera is very new....but I wonder if anyone knows how to change this. I am comfortable the old way......

iris_failsafe

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
The image doesn't change size the number of pixels is the same...
What changes is the way they are distributed...

In Photoshop > Image size you can change this setting without changing the number of pixels on the photograph...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.