Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oneiromancer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
If I've cropped an image, iPhoto sometimes zooms out automatically whenever I view it, so that I can't fully zoom in on it. This also happens in "full screen" view: it doesn't reach full screen at all. I want it to view the whole image. How ?

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
How much are you cropping the image? iPhoto might be setting the zoom level to 100% (which isn't full screen) so the image doesn't look terrible and pixelated.

Oneiromancer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
The images never look pixillated even when I crop them, although, if you'd use a magnifying glass, you might be able to see the pixels. It's certainly true that that's why iPhoto isn't showing them at full screen.

Also, sometimes, the images aren't cropped to begin with, just imported at low resolution.

They still look good at full screen, however.

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Can you check what the behaviour of iPhoto is if you crop down to a really really low resolution? Does it display the image full screen (over 100% zoom) or does it display it at 100% zoom?

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
My guess is still that iPhoto is setting the zoom level to 100%, whether is looks pixelated or not. So basically, if the photo is too low res it caps it at 100%. There may be a setting to change this but I'm not sure.

And, if it's not that then I really don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.