Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
it gives a few (3) resolutoin export choices, but they are all 4:3. I want to put the slideshow exported from iphoto on dvd as a movie rather than the usual idvd slideshow feature because of the ken burning offered by iphoto. so, how can i get iphoto (or another program to the same ends) to export my slideshow as a movie in 16:9?

pqdbr

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
Bumping it ...

I'd also love to export it widescreen. Anyone knows a walkarround ?

Jan 30, 2006
Not sure with iPhoto, but in iMovie HD when you create a new project you can change it to DV Widescreen or HDV 1080i.

I really recommend using iMovie HD for this, it is more flexible than iPhoto and you can add different types of transitions where you want them. Also, it let's you control the ken burn effects.

EDIT: Just a quick view at iPhoto and I found that when you make a slideshow, and then go to Settings, you can change the slideshow to Widescreen.

fikonhjul

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Sweden
EDIT: Just a quick view at iPhoto and I found that when you make a slideshow, and then go to Settings, you can change the slideshow to Widescreen.

Yes, but that won't affect the exported movie. It's still exactly the size and ratio the Export dialog tells you (i e 640 x 480).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.