Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
does anyone use this?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Camera-Connector-Color-Generation/dp/B00083PGFS

Toys-R-Us in the UK are selling them really cheap (~£7) and i was wondering if it is worth getting one? I thought it might be good to have on holiday etc as a backup more than anything, but also allowing you to wipe a card and take more shots (i never have enough cards with me!) - though i would be slightly nervous about having the photos solely on the iPod.

I suppose for £7 its a no brainer, but i just wanted to check that the thing is not a complete hunk of junk.

PS - to be used on a Canon 400D and iPod Video (2005) - Compatible?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
See my Amazon review. I use it for EOS 400D and 5G iPod video, the same setup as your's.

Update since the review. I still use it for backing up important photos, but now that I have 8 GB memory cards, I am finding myself using the adapter less often. I wish it would work with newer iPod models, but with memory cards becoming cheaper, I don't think this product is actively being improved. This product would rock if it was faster and can read popular memory card formats.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
nice review

i think i'll get one as they're so cheap (Toys-R-Us often have some really good deals on iPod accessories like docks, AV cables, cases etc all apple branded originals at cheap prices!)

Battery drain is a bit alarming though! Shooting in RAW looks to be the answer, i've not done too much in RAW upto now as i've not had the hardware that can cope with it properly (my ibook struggled!) - but if RAW is the most efficient way to transfer to iPod then so be it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.