Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lostlake_23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2018
A couple weeks ago i had a charger that smelt like burning plastic whenever i charged my old iphone the charger was a cheap 5$ one from the gas station it left a terrible burning plastic lingering smell aswell... as everyone told me to get another charger...i need to charge the phone and borrowed a charger from a friend the charger says acepower and i did my research and it sells on amazon for about $10, reviews seem great and it says Acepower is a certified apple charger? It looks similar to the original apple charger. Just wanted to make sure if it was a good charger to prevent any incidents like the last time...thank you.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Our local "Big Lots" store has numerous chargers ranging from $5.00 to $15.00. Not sure if any of them are certified by Apple - probably not. However, usually when Amazon advertises something they will guaranty it. So yeah, you should be ok with that charger.

Reactions: Lostlake_23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.