Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oooopossum

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2021
Miami
Hi there. I was recently trying to install my legitimate copy of Adobe Photoshop CS6 on my MacBook (running 10.13) but when I put the Serial number (also legit) in it says I need to connect to the internet and try again. I've tried the entire list of troubleshooting tips for connecting to adobe's authentication service but none have resolved my issue. I've also tried on 3 different networks and I get the same error. I'm wondering if adobe is not allowing older versions of Photoshop to be installed, authentic or not? Or perhaps I'm missing something? Any advice would be much appreciated.

InuNacho

macrumors 68010
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
I hate to say it but do the live chat with their human rep.
I spent like an hour scouring their website for backup installers for LR6 and updates before finally doing the live chat. They magically sent a download link with the installer and information to my email.

Mackata

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi InuNacho,,
I got the same trouble "missing the right installer" . What exactly did you do or could send it to me?
Best Regards,
Mackata

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
This is strange....I had Photoshop CS5.5 installed in Mojave (but it is a physical boxed copy).
It just needed the Java Legacy Runtime to run.

Uninstalled it a long time ago and moved to Affinity apps instead.
Maybe it works differently with CS6.

Roaring Apps suggests CS6 works up to Mojave.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.