Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jujubes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2021
We've all heard rumors surrounding the pro models. Is anyone else looking to purchase the base 13 model just for the lower price point? I'm looking to buy my first iPhone (coming from Samsung) and all I'm hoping for is upgraded internal specs, better performance and longer battery life. Not particularly interested in the ProMotion display or the stainless steel sides.

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
We've all heard rumors surrounding the pro models. Is anyone else looking to purchase the base 13 model just for the lower price point? I'm looking to buy my first iPhone (coming from Samsung) and all I'm hoping for is upgraded internal specs, better performance and longer battery life. Not particularly interested in the ProMotion display or the stainless steel sides.
With the supply constraints I don’t expect too much from the iPhone 13. Right now I’m on iPhone 12 Pro Max. I’m actually looking on the other side of the aisle at some android phones ?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I buy the regular models but I found from last year that most on Mac Rumours seem more interested in the Pro models. It’s quite disappointing when so few threads cover the iPhone the vast majority away from here seem to buy. If the 13 is anything like the 12, which rumours suggest, it’ll be a very solid phone. My 12 is still as good as launch day which is why I have no need to change it this year.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I buy the regular models but I found from last year that most on Mac Rumours seem more interested in the Pro models. It’s quite disappointing when so few threads cover the iPhone the vast majority away from here seem to buy. If the 13 is anything like the 12, which rumours suggest, it’ll be a very solid phone. My 12 is still as good as launch day which is why I have no need to change it this year.
I’d be all over a standard 13 model if they made it in the max size, rumors pointing to next year, we’ll be getting two 6.1” models and two 6.7” models, while the mini gets dropped from the line up, can see the iPhone 14 max selling like hotcakes. 😋🤤🥞

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
I’d be all over a standard 13 model if they made it in the max size, rumors pointing to next year, we’ll be getting two 6.1” models and two 6.7” models, while the mini gets dropped from the line up, can see the iPhone 14 max selling like hotcakes. ???
Yeah, depending on the price point, I reckon 14 Max could be their number 1 seller next year.

Reactions: LFC2020

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I’d be all over a standard 13 model if they made it in the max size, rumors pointing to next year, we’ll be getting two 6.1” models and two 6.7” models, while the mini gets dropped from the line up, can see the iPhone 14 max selling like hotcakes. 😋🤤🥞
LFC2020, would you really consider the iphone 14 regular MAX model that has heavily been rumoured, over the Pro Max version? It will interesting to see how much they charge for the regular MAX, and how much difference the price is compared to the Pro version.

Great start for the gunners this year eh? Zero wins, zero points and zero goals, and rock bottom. Spent the most on transfers on complete trash no one has heard of Lol 😩

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
The regular model so far gets the same CPU as the pro model.
- RAM varies some years it's the same some it's different. Pro gets upgrades first.
- Batteries are more closely related to screen size
- SSD size varies
- WiFi/Cellular Radio is generally similar

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
The cameras on the Pro models are the attraction for me, but I have been considering going for a standard model as it has gotten to the point where it’s good enough for my needs.

The Max size used to be more of an attraction as well, but since the standard is now 6.1”, that might be good enough for me also.

We all have some good ideas of what the feature spread will be like across this year’s iPhones. I’m going to wait for the announcement from Apple and make my decision from there. It’s been years since my last upgrade, so I’m getting a new phone of some kind and soon.

jujubes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2021
The regular model so far gets the same CPU as the pro model.
- RAM varies some years it's the same some it's different. Pro gets upgrades first.
- Batteries are more closely related to screen size
- SSD size varies
- WiFi/Cellular Radio is generally similar
If the 13 gets all those upgraded from the 12, I'd buy in an instant

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
LFC2020, would you really consider the iphone 14 regular MAX model that has heavily been rumoured, over the Pro Max version? It will interesting to see how much they charge for the regular MAX, and how much difference the price is compared to the Pro version.

Great start for the gunners this year eh? Zero wins, zero points and zero goals, and rock bottom. Spent the most on transfers on complete trash no one has heard of Lol 😩
If they don’t skimp on a lot of the good stuff from the pro series, why not, also price would be the deciding factor, if it’s only $150 cheaper than the pro max, better off going with the pro max then.

Time for new owners mate, get rid of the board as well. 🤦‍♂️

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
Based on the unconfirmed RUMOURS the 13 seems like a very iterative S year upgrade over the 12, compared to the 12 vs the 11 which was a more solid upgrade. Won't be upgrading this year, but I am still excited for the announcement either way.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
I’m hoping the astrophotography feature isn’t pro exclusive (though I think it seems like it probably will be one of those differentiating features?). I want the 256GB storage tier, which is available on both models, but few of the other pro features interest me, and I actually prefer the aesthetic of the non pro phones (don’t like the shiny stainless bands).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.