Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mothchip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm sorry if this violates a forum rule, but I don't know where else to turn. I'm trying to fix an issue with my iMac 4,1 and it seems Netkas is the only community that might be able to help. However, their forum registration is broken (seems to happen a lot) and I can't find any way to contact the web admin. If you're a member there, could you let them know? I would greatly appreciate it!

And if there are other places that would be more appropriate for my iMac issues, please let me know. The only other places I could find besides here were a subreddit for pre-Intel Macs and a subreddit for Mac Pros.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
There's always been a group of PPC users here. Why not give them a try for your issue(s)? Post a thread with a detailed description in the iMac forum and see what happens.

Edited: Sorry, I see that you tried that already in May.

mothchip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't get a response. Maybe I didn't provide enough info, maybe it just got buried, I dunno. I don't think I can just bump the thread either. :\

mothchip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Someone in linux4noobs tagged me in another post where someone got Linux installed on their iMac, and that person was able to help me get it working! I updated my original thread with the solution.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
glad to hear it worked and I was able to help, thanks for reporting back. Waiting since May to get it working is a lot of time...

Reactions: mothchip
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.