Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
From my previous experiences with AirPods and other, smaller consumer electronics with built-in, non-replaceable batteries, I know that the battery of AirPods will see a significant dip or even become almost unusable in the 2nd to 3rd year after purchase if I use them every day.

My question: Have any of you had success with getting the charging case and AirPods replaced in the 2nd year using AppleCare or is it difficult to convince them that they should cover it?

I know my heavy usage will wear on them significantly so I really want to know if it's worth getting or if I just have to get a new pair 2-3 years from now?

Is AppleCare+ for AirPods just meant for battery defects or also for significant wear? What has been your experience?

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
Just had both the APP's and the case replaced for my daughter and AC+ runs out this month. I think it is definitely worth it. Got it on my APP's and on my Beats Fit Pro's.

Reactions: ApplesAreSweet&Sour
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.