Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Hi guys!

I just found a pretty good deal on a SS AW7 45 and wanted to know from some of you who also had the AW5 or 6 if you feel any difference in speed, battey I guess is the same.
My current watch is a 40 SS AW5 and I love it, but the one I found is gold and also the bigger size.

Reactions: Friedley20

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Yes I upgraded from AW5 to AW7 last fall and you can notice that everything is smoother and faster. It's not as big as a jump in speed compared to S0, S1 or S2, which were very slow, but you can see the difference

Reactions: James.K.Polk

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
Yeah it’s a bit snappier overall, but not so much that you‘d really need it because of that. For me it’s the battery life that is much improved for the S6/S7 in comparison to the S5

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Yeah it’s a bit snappier overall, but not so much that you‘d really need it because of that. For me it’s the battery life that is much improved for the S6/S7 in comparison to the S5
How much more battery life you got?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
When using the S5 I usually end up with 15-20% less battery after a day (12-14 hours of use), compared to S6 or S7. That's with AOD and all other features turned on.

how much do you have remaining with S6 or 7? is it the cellular model?

I also use a S5 (cell model) and have about 15-20 left at end of day with 12-14 use

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
how much do you have remaining with S6 or 7? is it the cellular model?

I also use a S5 (cell model) and have about 15-20 left at end of day with 12-14 use
With the S6/7 it‘s about 30-40% left, sometimes more, depending on the time I spend exercising.

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
I endes up not buying that specific watch. The gold color is not the one from the phones or the photos, is more like a rose gold and I didn’t really like the way it looked. Also, the milanesse loop was not authentic, and that meant spending 400 euros on the watch itself and 100 more on a bracelet which is absurd. I got to play a little with it and it felt just as sluggish as my aw5.
I also have slender wrists and didn’t really like the way it looked ok my hand the bigger watch.
I guess I’ll wait for the aw8, maybe they’ll improve the battery life and make the watch feel snappier.
Although spending almost 1000 euros on a smartwatch is crazy, given its performance compared to other watches.
My dad’s Huawei Watch 3 Pro is miles ahead in every single department, but of course it lacks in the compatibilty department which is pretty much a deal breaker.
Complicated with these watches.

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
The gold color is not the one from the phones or the photos, is more like a rose gold and I didn’t really like the way it looked.
Eh?

the rosey/bronze gold was discontinued on the Series 5 and the Series 6 and 7 have the new yellow gold color. If it was a rosey gold, that couldn't be a Series 7.

(S5 with the band, S7 without the band)
1654945083372.jpeg

Reactions: the future

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Eh?

the rosey/bronze gold was discontinued on the Series 5 and the Series 6 and 7 have the new yellow gold color. If it was a rosey gold, that couldn't be a Series 7.

(S5 with the band, S7 without the band)
View attachment 2017623
The way the watch looked was exactly like the pink one, it couldn’t have been fake or something, I checked the imei, and it was legit.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I endes up not buying that specific watch. The gold color is not the one from the phones or the photos, is more like a rose gold and I didn’t really like the way it looked. Also, the milanesse loop was not authentic, and that meant spending 400 euros on the watch itself and 100 more on a bracelet which is absurd. I got to play a little with it and it felt just as sluggish as my aw5.
I also have slender wrists and didn’t really like the way it looked ok my hand the bigger watch.
I guess I’ll wait for the aw8, maybe they’ll improve the battery life and make the watch feel snappier.
Although spending almost 1000 euros on a smartwatch is crazy, given its performance compared to other watches.
My dad’s Huawei Watch 3 Pro is miles ahead in every single department, but of course it lacks in the compatibilty department which is pretty much a deal breaker.
Complicated with these watches.

Have you looked into the privacy implications of using a Huawei watch?

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
The way the watch looked was exactly like the pink one, it couldn’t have been fake or something, I checked the imei, and it was legit.
It had to be lighting. S6/7 in the first gen gold stainless color just straight up doesn't exist.

DanRO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
It had to be lighting. S6/7 in the first gen gold stainless color just straight up doesn't exist.
You might be right, also, what I realised seeing the gold I think the black looks so much better scruslly because it looks like is seamless with the screen, with bright colors doesn’t look that good, of course this is a personal opinion.

Reactions: mikedis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.