Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
In my never ending process of buying a new lens (I have till July to decide) I found that Beach Camera has a very good offer in a lens I am looking at (Nikkor AF-S 105 Micro).

But I am doubtful if they are a good place to buy from. Anyone had any experiences with them? Or would Best Buy be a better option (considering they are $150 more expensive)?

Thanks for any help.:)

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Hey, thanks for the site.:)

One question I was missing: How can I be sure that I receive the complete warranty of the lens? I mean, the 5-years warranty.

I read some re-sellers have the grey-market lenses, so I just want to make sure before.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
AFAIK they are an authorized Nikon dealer. I just got the 18-200 VR from them via Amazon. 5 year card was inside. I got my D70s from them too.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I personally have never ordered from them before, but they have gotten good reviews. Plus, a few friend's have ordered from them without any problems.

mr.666

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
yeah, there ok. the're 10 min up the road from me in nj. their mail order business is great! the brick not so.

and like most in the "the business"... closed on saturdays.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I read in one of the reviews on Amazon that Beach camera charges a restocking fee even if the item is defective.

I find it hard to believe that Beach can sell the same item at a lower price than Amazon, Adorama or B&H.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I read in one of the reviews on Amazon that Beach camera charges a restocking fee even if the item is defective.

I find it hard to believe that Beach can sell the same item at a lower price than Amazon, Adorama or B&H.

I have missed that Amazon also appeared in the right-hand side of the page. A little more expensive, but only 15-20 dollars. If they still have in stock when I order I would surely buy from them.

Thanks for all the help, if I get to order from Beach Camera I'll make sure to let you know how it went.

jmrnavydoc

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2007
Virginia
I have missed that Amazon also appeared in the right-hand side of the page. A little more expensive, but only 15-20 dollars. If they still have in stock when I order I would surely buy from them.

Thanks for all the help, if I get to order from Beach Camera I'll make sure to let you know how it went.

Both my father and I have bought camera gear from Beach both at the B&M in NJ and online - very good experience. Just got an order for two P&S cameras and SDHC cards. Quick, no hassle, no scams. Unsure how they can charge less, but they did for these cameras too. No complaints.

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
I have never purchased any thing from them. I do know that they have been selling photo gear for many years. Even before the internet, when you had to find their number in the back of magazines, to call and ask for a catalog.
Since they have been around for a long time I think it's a safe bet that their Ok.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Hey guys, thank a lot for all the information you gave about Beach Camera, truth is I ended buying from 17th Street Photo because Beach Camera was out of stock, as well as Amazon.

I read some reviews about 17th Street Photo and they received many good ones. Now my doubt is how I check what is happening to my order? I enter Amazon and they tell it haven't shipped (which is to be expected since I only ordered yesterday), but I haven't received any confirmation if the credit card was accepted. Maybe I'll call amazon tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.