Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isa Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Hey

I have just received my new iPhone today, and it seems that there 3D Touch is ditched for the Haptic Touch, but does it support WhatsApp?

on my iPhone Xs Max I used to press hard on the chat and I will be able to read the messages without actually opening the chat, but now I can't.

So is it a glitch in my iPhone, or WhatsApp doesn't support the new Hactic Touch in the new iPhones?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Oh :/ do you know if it's just temporary because the iPhone 11 and IOS 13 are still new, or that feature will never work in WhatsApp with the Hactic Touch?

Unless he’s a WhatsApp developer I doubt he knows! This is a feature I use and love a lot as well. Shame.

Isa Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Unless he’s a WhatsApp developer I doubt he knows! This is a feature I use and love a lot as well. Shame.

I meant to ask if he knows if such incidents happened before with WhatsApp or other apps whenever Apple releases a new iPhone or IOS.

And yeah, it was an amazing feature too bad it's not supported on the new iPhones. It was a life savor for me.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
I do seem to recall WhatsApp being quite slow to update when Apple releases new phones...

I mean, they still don't have proper quick reply functionality - though to be fair I don't know if that's them or Apple preventing that.

I would imagine they would be working on getting dark mode working on iOS before any Haptic Touch stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.